From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2007 20:03:34 -0400
I guess we can take Ohio off the CCD map afterall.

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/07/05/07/honey.bees.html

“I very nearly don’t know what to say about this issue,” Tew said in the newsletter. “The publicity on
this subject has exceeded any science supporting a causative agent. Giving it a new name and saying
that it is worse than previous outbreaks have given the condition an emergency status that has
elicited what I have called ‘electronic hysteria.’”

“I’m not saying it isn’t serious,” Tew said Tuesday. “It’s like the flu. If you have it, it’s serious, and if
you don’t have it, you don’t want it.”

But Tew said Ohio’s bee problems do not appear to be CCD.

“It’s kind of insulting, actually,” said Tew. “I think I’d notice that if it were happening in Ohio.”