Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:29:53 EDT
I have been using mainly liquid smoke lately and generaly find that it works
well.  I put as much on my hands as on the bees, or even more.  While it
calms the bees you can't is it to move them around as you can with smoke.
When working vigorous colonies I usually have both syringe of liquid smoke
and a lit smoker on my belt but usually manage without the smoke.

I use old hessian (which I assume is the same as burlap) potato sacks for
smoker fuel.  So long as there is already some charring it ignites with a
half second flame from a cigatette lighter and rarely goes out.

Chris