From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 08:29:48 -0600
> ... I do not yet know enough about mineral oil, which is currently the
> subject of so much debate, to pass informed comment on it, but it does
> seem to be a relatively harmless substance.

Good post.  The largest problem to my mind,  if any, associated with using
oils in the hive is that waxes and oils are fully miscible.  With heavy
use over time, here is some likelihood of the wax in combs taking up
significant amounts of oil and changing in composition enough to have the
purity be questioned by some buyers.

Allen
---
You can search the BEE-L archives by sending email to
[log in to unmask] saying
SEARCH BEE-L "key phrase"
Substitute a key phrase for "key phrase" above.
and remember to use the double quotes to exclude
hits on the individual words in the phrase
---