From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:50:12 -0500
Hello All,
I would be interested in hearing of ways to turn the standard migratory top
and bottom single hive  into two  five frame nucs by those which have done
the project. One plan has been to cut the migratory top in half. Cut the
migratory bottom  in half  and add a 3/8 strip side strip. Cut the deep box
in half and simply add a board to the side. We believe by  attaching the
half migratory bottom the nuc will be strong enough without a rabbit or
dovetail joint. Right or wrong? Glue or not glue?
We have got baby nucs, deeps divided in half and deeps which hold four
queens for use in  mating.  We need five frame nucs and have got the above
equipment not in use to use. Looking for a quick and simple method.  Thanks
in advance.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison