From:
Ted Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 08:01:38 PST
  Bob Young from Texas asked about planting Eucalyptus trees as bee forage in
the southern states. This could have one negative result. While working in
Australia all the beekeepers I saw drove around with their heads stuck out
the window looking straight up trying to see what Eucalyptus tree was blooming.
Of course down there they are on the wrong side of the road to begin with so
it didn't matter so much. But in the southern states you could become impaled
on some Texan's hood ornament.
    The beekeeper I worked for in Australia said that when bees work Jacaranda
trees the nectar seems to put them in a bad mood. Anyone have similar experiences?

Someone asked about the number of hive knocks needed to prevent swarming after
he knocks off. I think this practise will only benefit the living, not the
dead. On my deathbed I plan to tell my family "...and as to my hives, let them
bee." I expect on the other side I'll find all those hive tools I've lost over
the years. I just hope they're not all too hot to touch.
Ted Hancock
Internet service provided by telus.net  http://www.telus.net/