From:
Barry Sergeant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:29:27 -0500
I may have created some confusion in saying that trap hives placed on
the corner of permanent buildings should, if possible, face east - and
west in the Northern Hemisphere. To clarify this, allow me to say the
entrance of the trap hive should face the morning sun. The afternoon
and evening sun is normally more intense, and can melt the wax and
propolis you have so carefully applied around the hive entrance.

The confusion - and it was purely mine - arose from the fact that early
European settlers in South Africa often build houses facing south,
instead of north.

Barry Sergeant
Kyalami
South Africa