From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 07:33:43 -0800
I've "wired" my frames with monofilament fishing line, both 6 lb test and 30 lb test.

  The bees "ate" through each kind of line at the point where the line ran through the wood frame.  But this occurred mostly when the nectar flow subsided or when I kept that super on too long waiting, and hoping, to see if there was anything more to the flow.  Beside eating the fishing line, they had also nibbled away a good portion of the wax foundation and used it elsewhere.

  There were, however, some frames that the bees drew out and filled up and gladly accepted without any problem, but this was earlier during the nectar flow.

  My thought is this:  if the flow is on, they'll cover them up and accept them.

  Grant
  Jackson, MO

It's here! Your new message!