From:
"D. Murrell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 00:41:21 -0500
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe I'm just allergic to the constant cry of gimme gimme, especially from
some who have been asking the same since 1999.

It's working and good enough for me, is good enough for my bees. And it's
almost good enough for me :>) But I like to understand the factors/behaviors
involved. I believe a better understanding of the factors involve would make
small cell beekeeping easier.

Initially, I didn't buy all of the small cell beekeeping concepts. But knew
something was working and no other viable alternatives to the pesticide
treadmill were available. So, I tried to replicate Dee Lusby's methods and
sort the facts/details out for myself. I was skeptical. And even more
shocked by the positive results. Once my treatment free beekeeping
stabilized, I had time to speculate concerning the hows and whys which got
me into trouble with other some of the other small cell beekeepers :>)))

I doubt a single factor is involved. But a clean, functioning broodnest is
very important.

I hope that those who have the need and the ability, do some real
experimenting. And then share it with the rest of us.

Keep warm. The trees will be blooming soon.

Regards
Dennis