From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:15:50 +0100
Hi all
I think we are starting to put the carthorse back in front of the cart. Too
many seem to want the anwsers first.

> We also know that different people vary in their reading and reasoning
skills.
> To me that explains the controversy.  As for the effects of cell size on
both
> the bees and varroa, it is obvious to me that proper controlled
observations or
> experiments have not been made.  We have a collection of anecdotal
evidence.

> That is usually the basis for the beginning of an investigation, not the
basis
> for drawing conclusions.
>
> allen

Sir, I am in perfect agreement with you on this subject.
 - I am not in a position to initiate research projects, and I do not
understand why
others have not. These opinions are my own, and do not reflect the views or
policies
of the USDA.

  - John Edwards
Tucson, Arizona

I reply
To make conclusions...We need data.
To get data...We need research.
Why is this research not forthcoming?
Do we know who is in a position to instigate research?
When I was in business, I would have picked this one up and run with it.

Best Regards, Dave Cushman
G8MZY
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website...Beekeeping and Bee Breeding