From:
Wesley A Voigt Jr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 1995 17:51:53 -0400
     I am pretty new to beekeeping (I currently have three hives and hope to
have more next year) and I have noticed the worry about bee diseases. Would
washing the inside of brood chambers and supers with a bleach solution make a
difference? What about soaking empty frames? Would the bleach remain in the
wood and harm the bees? Should  this done only when getting used equipment or
between every use? Would this affect foulbrood? What strength should it be?

     No major rush or worry - I am just curious. For all I know, this may
have studied long ago and been discarded as ineffective. It could take too
much work for the results at this time or it could be harmfull to bees.

     Thanks for your time and comments.

      Wesley Voigt