From:
Garret Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2019 09:47:32 -0400
"Where will these neo-Darwinists get more bees? Dr Seeley told me that the "let alone" hives perished at the rate of about 30% per year."

Personally I don't lose 30% annually. Usually less than that. What is the annual loss nation wide? I assume like everyone else they will have to make increase to make up the difference.

Seeley's work that is in his book revolves around bees living in northern temperate zones. I don't believe it relates to an eradication program on a small island in the south. Or does it?

Anyone who cares to read his book will see that this type of beekeeping is not for everyone as he makes clear.

Speaking for myself, I don't actively catch swarms and don't buy bees. What I can say is there are possibilities for this type of beekeeping in my location.

I'm interested in what others think of the possibilities of this type of beekeeping. Does it have a place and why/why not?