From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:04:01 -0600
> It's unfortunate that historical posts are often lost to newer subscribers
> of a list.

Thanks for mentioning it, Dennis.  I know that you contributed quite a bit
in the past, and that much of it is relevant today.  I'm glad to see you
still have a site up.  I was looking for it the other day.

Actually, as you know, I am sure, we do have searchable archives going back
about two decades, accessed via the address in the tag line on every BEE-L
post.  The archives are chock-full of information and background behind
current discussions, and also chronicle the drastic changes that have taken
place in beekeeping in recent years.

For those who just signed on, I should mention that the BEE-L archives offer
a fascinating way of seeing how many of the long-time BEE-L members evolved
over time, and how they reached their current views on many topics.  As
pointed out previously, most old-timers on BEE-L  tend to take a
wait-and-see attitude towards categorical statements, and express scepticism
when offered miracle solutions, or are addressed passionately by people with
agendas.   If you read the archives, you'll find out why.

Unfortunately, as some may have noticed, there has been an intermittent
problem with the URL in the tag, since, until yesterday the URL was partly
in UPPERCASE and the actual server URL is all lowercase.  A Linux server
does not see them as the same, so we had an alias set, to redirect BEE-L to
bee-l, but it kept getting lost.  Yesterday, we just gave up, and Aaron put
the real URL in the tag.  It should be fail-proof now.

That is a long way of saying that the tag URL works now, and we encourage
everyone to use it to access the archives and to get other info about BEE-L.

allen
Just another (sceptical) bee-l subscriber (since 1994)