From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:08:23 -0700
> What has hurt some hives here in Calif is , H.M.S. (acid)  below 30-40 ppm
> is ok, but some have had loads in the 300 plus ppm. Time & heat is the
> mained cause, below 90 degrees your ok for a few weeks.

HMF?

> One keeper fed it in pollen sub mix (20,000) rounds  on bees before he
> could find the problem.This show up in HFCS 75.

Shouldn't have thought such a small dose would have mattered.

Anyhow, that mention of acid reminds me that Rob Currie, our Canadian
researcher who has done HFCS work, said something in one of his
presentations on the topic, about titratable acid.  His wife, apparently is
a chemist and he got some special perspective from her.  It was over my
head, but somehow, if I got it right, even in a neutral solution, there can
be some acids remaining from the manufacturing in some HFCSs.

Maybe someone knows about this?