Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2011 14:28:35 -0500
>I've tried to send this message 3 times now, hopefully I got it right this time.

Yes, and thanks for not giving up.

BEE-L has strict rules regarding quotes of previous posts which are very different from what we do in private mail.

In private mail, having the previous messages below the current message can be handy for clarity, especially when time passes between messages.

Due to the volume of material on BEE-L and the fact that our server keeps old messages available for review in the default view at www.bee-l.org and also in the archives for deep and distant searches, that convention is both unnecessary and undesirable.   We prefer to see only the very minimum of quotes absolutely necessary to convey context and avoid repeating the previous post.

Our search works well, but imagine searching the archives for one word and getting tons of quotes and quotes of quotes, instead of the nice clean messages we get in response to a search most of the time.

BEE-L is unique in that moderation consists mostly of protecting the list from spam, flames, and messy posts.   Moderators will never alter your words or cut out parts of what you say.  We may ask you to reconsider what you are saying before approval if it appears you may be saying something you'll regret or your comments are simply rude or redundant or potentially libellous in our opinion, but that is about it.

More details can be found at the Guidelines site listed below every message sent by our server.