Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:52:21 GMT
>>...at the new location.  Once found, you can kill her and reunite
the hive bodies back on the old hive stand and requeen

This is a good approach.  I would actually requeen the depopulated
hive at the new location before moving it back.

>>But this late in the season, I wonder if you can find queens still
for sale.

You can find/buy queens well into October.  I am raising some right
now. :)

>>I have had nothing but great success from B. Weaver.

Not to dispute your experience but I've heard from several people all
over the US that they had hot hives with queens from B. Weaver.  When
I saw B. Weaver advertise Australian bees for sale I thought this was
how they were addressing being in Africanized territory.  I can't
imagine Texas costs for raising bees/queens as being that much higher
than Australian costs plus transportation over the Pacific.

Waldemar
Long Island, NY