From:
Mark Otts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:45:15 +0000
>Africanized and not Scutellata or capensis.  I believe capensis has =
>slipped through the inspection net and  most of the AHB in Arizona have =
>got a large portion of capensis genes( only my opinion based on the =
>description  of these bees and their traits).

Bob- when I read the traits of these capensis bees I find they are on the
gentle side. Now if you believe all that is said about the vicious AHBs in
the southwest, one has to wonder about where the truth really is. Give us
just one study that has been done to prove any of this capensis idea. We
hear one person suggest this idea and you talk as if it is fact. i feel the
usda labs will be in for a rough road if they think the scare tatic will
work again on this african bee story.

mark