From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 08:06:04 -0500
Ron Taylor writes:
>Are we any better today than we were 10 years ago. We still have the
>same problems with a bigger threat.

It is easy to look at one's own problems and think they are the
worst, but the beekeeping industry is not alone in this. Varroa and
the small hive beetle are particularly difficult because they are
invasive species. There is no one to blame, really. The world just
keeps getting smaller and more crowded.

http://www.americanlands.org/forestweb/invasive.htm