From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 10:51:20 -0500
Hello Randy & All,
Thanks for the update! John was still selling blow bees within the last
decade but glad he moved into real beekeeping with all its problems.. The
industry needs beekeepers like the Miller family.

 Many still depopulate all their hives each fall and repopulate in spring
( like they have for decades).

I never considered those beekeepers as beekeepers but bee havors but
understood the economics of the method.

Think about the method for a minute. Set the hive on location. Shake in
package. No treatments. super & remove honey crop. depopulate and go through
boxes.

From Gieco TV commercial:

"So easy a cave man could do it!"

When varroa hit John thought his method was the way we should all keep bees
in the north.( From personal conversation at ABF convention in Norfolk).
Let the package producers worry about varroa.

I believe John would be still selling blow bees if he had not caught
California almond fever. The current high price of almond pollination has
changed the way many outfits operate.

bob

--
believed to be clean.