Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 17:52:57 GMT
>>"Mr./Ms. Beekeeper, were you aware the bees in your colony that
stung and killed my lient's dog were Killer Bees?"

The daughter of a beekeeping friend of mine is an attorney.  According to him, there has not been a case where it was proven - assuming the stinging was by a honeybee to start with!! - that the bee(s) originated from a particular hive or apiary.  A hive's proximity adds to the probability but is hardly evidence in the court of law to my knowledge.

Having said this, it will be very hard to keep bees in suburbia where there have been cases of overly defensive honeybees killing pests or people.  One can pursue it and face an insurrection.

Waldemar
Long Island, NY