From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:32:28 -0700
Mike Stoops:
Since I posted earlier for giving references to beekeepers
in Sweden and Norway who had SC drawn out okay to go see
and talk to.

Let me now say, with piece meal tactics of 1-3 frames SC
wanting to be drawn out, the odds for good drawing out, due
to short term memory of bees from sizes LC immediately
adjacent each side, makes for majority done wrong most
times.

The ones that were serious and visited like Erik Osterlund
and Hans-Otto Johnsen for hands on and seeing first hand,
have done fine and are now helping others in their
respective locals/regions.

Further if you really want to do it and cannot do full
shakedowns, or full package startups with culling for 1-2
years to accomplish, let it be known again that HSC Honey
Super Cell for 4.9ID is now on market for instant
regression down with fully drawnout plastic frames! While
the top is ID 4.9mm the bottom of cells is 4.8mm ID and
right on, and is where the royal jelly is anyways for
trigger for varroa reproduction, with halfway up the cells
4.85mm ID and thus pretty close to old 4.83mm sizings of
long ago, pre-malady times for the most part.

So start packages or shakedowns on HSC and then when
started with even 3 frame nucs, then feed in the waxed
4.9mm from Dadant and just keep building back up.

Lot simpler then when I did it and made own foundation from
scratch back thru first and second regressions down......

So play with 1-3 or go for it whole hog and roll on!!!

Sincerely,

Dee A. Lusby