From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:07:27 -0400
At 12:09 PM 8/29/2006, you wrote:
>In the lean season, the hungry bees are normally fed sugar
>by beekeepers, resulting in production of poor quality
>honey. Stevia will change this practice…

A more important question,  since when could stored sugar syrup be called or sold as honey?  Of course it's poor quality honey, mainly because it's not honey.  The same would apply with Stevia or other artificially fed plant or fruit juices.  Isn't there any standard for honey?  Of course I'm sure it's being done in parts, but I've never seen anyone announce so publicly that their honey is just sugar syrup.

The headline really ought to read:  'Government admits to producing fake honey, tries new gimmick to pass off artificial sweeter as honey.'

This should be a new one for Jim's Wall of Shame:  http://www.bee-quick.com/wall/shame2.html

-Tim