From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 10:26:39 +0100
Hi Allen & all

http://www.internode.net/Honeybee/Diary/images/PB090370.JPG
> is available and easy to make.

I was not recommending widespread adoption of the shaparew escape board,
they are complicated and expensive to make as Allen has pointed out. However
they do work, I have used them personally, and when I was in business they
sold better than the
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman/boone.html
Type which was simpler and only half the price (we did not make Quebec
boards, although I have used them myself)

There is a list of types of escape board that I have been compiling for a
couple of years at
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman/clearerboards.html

To be frank, I would not recommend any of them over any of the other types,
they all work about the same. The most effective as a 'one way valve' is the
portcullis escape. I have several boards with two of these fitted at
diagonal corners. The type that I have used most often is the '8 way', but
that is probably because 90% of my escape boards are of this type.

I am not familiar with the term 'screen cone' can someone describe in more
detail?

Best Regards & 73s... Dave Cushman, G8MZY
Beekeeping & Bee Breeding Website...
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman