From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:22:42 -0800
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]> wrote:AFB drones outperform European drones consistently and if any are in the mating area, they are the ones who will mate with the flying virgin queens.

Mike in LA

DANG!  Must have American Foul Brood on the brain.  The AFB should be AHB, Africanized Honey Bee.   Sorry about that folks.  My concern now is the distribution of Africanized genetics via queen breeders in areas that have been invaded by Africanized bees.  As I mentioned earlier, from all I have heard, if there are Africanized drones in the area, they will dominate the mating scene and the queens mated in these areas will have most of their semen from the Africanized drones.  Don't think the queen breeders want to talk about that.

Mike in LA