From:
al boehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:07:06 -0400
Hello all Bee Listers
On the subject of hearing range,  for a reference the common piano of 88
keys has a range of 27.5 hz (low A ) to 4184 hz(high c).
Most healthy adults without hearing trauma from excessive rock and roll
can hear down between 12 to 18 hz.
My main employment is violin family instrument repair and restoration, my
wife is a concert violinist and piano technition.
Thank You
Al Boehm
The Carolinas USA
ps. were in the 4th year of a drought and there is very little honey this
year.  I usually extract on memorial weekend and the 4 of july weekend
and labor day weekend.
So far this summer my 24 healthy hives have yielded a pittance of 200lbs.
This weeks checking shows that I will be reading them for winter early
and may get  750 to 1000lb. The grass crunches and the trees are in high
stress, loosing leaves, some dying. May have to feed to build up winter
stores. Tax write off year for sure.
Hope other areas are not  so bad off.