From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:02:05 -0000
We may not have africanised bees here (although some seem like it at times)
but we have had some unusual bad temper recently.

I was putting on mouseguards a couple of weeks ago on a cold day with no
bees flying.  Should have been no problem, but I got the same reaction from
every hive in the apiary - they all came pouring out, hell-bent on attack;
smoke seemed to have little effect.  The apiary is usually quite docile, so
I was really surprised.

Since then, other beekeepers have told me that they have had similar
experiences - one taking a number of stings through trousers covered with a
boilersuit.

Is it the weather?  I am at a loss to think of anything else that could be
upsetting them - they have had a very good autumn and there are not many
wasps having a go at the hives this year.

Anyone else in the UK had similar experiences?

Peter Edwards