From:
Adrian Wenner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 15:21:13 -0700
Greg Hankins wrote (in part):

>Finally, I switched to pure maple syrup (the thinnest of all the above)
>when I moved to New England.
>
>Now that I have my own bees, I use honey (including comb and cream) on
>pancakes and French toast. Unless the cakes are cold, I don't find the
>honey too thick at all, though it's loads thicker than maple syrup.
>
>Conclusion, in my mind, is that the thickness of the honey may not be the
>issue.  The issue may just be better marketing -- and brand-specific
>marketing -- on the part of the purveyors of flavored corn syrup.

   I feel that better marketing is the secret.  We have all heard the
expression, "hot biscuits and honey."  It makes one's mouth water.  And,
no, the thickness is not an issue.  One can heat honey a little in a
microwave oven before dribbling it onto pancakes.  That's what I do!
However, I have to admit that I use some real maple syrup on some pancakes
and then honey on the next batch --- the best of both worlds!

                                                Adrian

Adrian M. Wenner                    (805) 963-8508 (home phone)
967 Garcia Road                     (805) 893-8062  (UCSB FAX)
Santa Barbara, CA  93106  [http://www.beesource.com/pov/wenner/index.htm]

*
*    "To have one's opinions prefabricated can be a source of great
*   comfort and relief.  It relieves one of the responsibility of
*   choice."
*                                          Murray Levin, 1971
*