From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 08:54:38 EDT
RENEW BEE-L

It's an annual, autopilot sort of thing where LISTSERV requests that you
renew you subscription to BEE-L by issuing the RENEW BEE-L command.
All those not issuing the command get dropped from the list.  It's
LISTSERV's janitorial way of making sure that all subscribers are still
there and still interested.

Any confusion over the renew command is probably the same as the usual
confusion about sending commands to LISTSERV vs posting to BEE-L.  The
RENEW BEE-L command should be sent in a single line of mail to:

The command should NOT be send to BEE-L, all that will do is forward
the RENEW BEE-L command to the entire list and by now subscribers have
seen it at least 6 or 7 times.

So, to renew your subscription to BEE-L, send mail with a single line in
the body of the mail that reads:
                         RENEW BEE-L
Address this single line in the body of the mail to:

I guess some will think this is a pain in the butt, but hey, I don't
write it I just install it.

Administratively yours,
Aaron Morris