From:
Madeleine Pym <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:12:45 +0100
Hi Rett,

Congratulations to your wife.
The reason there is cocern over giving honey to infants under a year old
is to do with some honey having been found to contain botulism.

I am in the UK and MAFF (Ministry for Agriculture and Fishery) issued a
bulletin on this. They have said that there have been no record
incidents of this occuring in UK honey. It has bee found in sources of
honey from overseas.

This is from memory, if you want to know more I will look it out for
you. But I think they were implying that it may be to do with poor
hygiene in production methods.

Madeleine Pym, London beekeeper