From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:13:22 -0500
At 12:16 AM 3/13/2006, you wrote:
>We just had an unseasonably warm weekend in northeast Ohio.  When  I checked my bees, I was surprised to see them bringing in what  appeared to be pollen.

While bees will bring in dust from bird feeders, etc. I think you are probably seeing real pollen.  Here in northwest ohio the silver maple trees started blooming this sunday.  Saturday the bees were active and bringing in pollen substitute from my open dry feeders, but Sunday the trees in the yard were buzzing and the bees were bringing in lots and lots of yellow pollen.  I did see one bee bring in orange pollen that obviously was from another source, but I have no idea what it was.

-Tim