From:
Phil Veldhuis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 1994 00:03:35 -0600
I would check your local army surplus centre.  Ours has a misquito net
that would work well for ordinary bees.  It is all cloth and mesh.  I
doubt it would be very effective against persistant ahb, since it is not
held away from the ears and neck the way a wire veil plus helmet is.

A beekeeper I know had a better viel which originated in Europe which had
a springy wire loop to hold the mesh away from the head.  This loop could
be twisted and looped to make the whole thing fit in a pocket very easily.

Hope this helps, Phil.

-- ------------oooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo-------------
Phil Veldhuis           | If I must be a fool, as all those who reason
Winnipeg. MB, Canada    | or believe any thing certainly are, my follies
[log in to unmask] | shall at least be natural and agreeable.
                                                David Hume (1739)