From:
Peter Dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:50:15 +0100
Bob,
Referring to your solution for the clover problem:
Are you advocating that beekeepers loose another honey source due to the
probable poisoning of a nectar source that was not originally targeted
as a plant to be protected.

It is bad enough that crops themselves are out of bounds for bees
without having to put up with the residual effects of pesticides in the
soil polluting plants that grow afterwards - I thought that was one of
the reasons for getting rid of a whole selection of pesticides like OC's
and OP's. I for one am trying to ensure that they aren't replaced by
another generation of noxious substances that again degrade the
environment.

Peter