From:
Scott Moser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 23:25:38 -0500
Greetings all,
     Things are starting to pick up around the St. Louis area.  Checked a
few hives today, and the girls appear to be bringing in a bit of nectar.  I
noticed that the Silver Maples appear to be blooming.
     I am hoping to gleen some information from the list.  A couple fellow
beekeepers and I purchased about 10,000 pounds of sugar.  It was floor
sweepings, and the price was more than right.  Problem was, about 25
percent of it was brown sugar.  All the literature says that you shouldnt
feed brown sugar, but they dont say why.  Is 25 percent too high?  Thanks.