From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 12:54:16 -0800
Hi to all on Bee-l

It was written:
If the bees in southern AZ USA now fly faster than they did
10 years ago I strongly suspect it is due to african bees
taking over that area. This is expactly what several
researchers have in fact reported to have happened.

This matter of enzyme systems that have to work together
for an organism to function properly is probably why Dr
Taylor has observed a lack of hybridization between african
and european bees over time.  That is this probably
explains why one type of bees seems to take over an area
and displace another type with little mixing being found.
Interesting discussion.

Reply:
Substitute in the words feral or Native bees here for what
is talked about and also small cell for bees being on for a
natural clean sustainable system with us and the Southern
Arizona Beekeepers Assoc that also went smaller with us and
then you would make sense above for what actually is
happening.

We're going clean in our area in spite of big daddy and
escaping the treatment treadmill with as many as want to
join.

I say lead, follow or get out of the way.

Regards,

Dee A. Lusby