From:
wajih daour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:35:22 +0200
Dear Beekeepers,
I bread queens for our own use in Spring, Summer and Fall to see which is more valuable for our short and fast citrus honey flow in Jordan valley, (we harvest 10th of April). I noticed the following results and would like to hear your comments.
I used American imported queens , not breeder queens, . The Spring queens produced , one year old next spring, build up  their colonies very quickly and healthy , not calm, and have lot of swarming. But some with high honey production.
The Summer queens , hot dry summer , slowly build up , aggressive , many failed these days .
Fall queens produced in September and October, in 5 frame nucs build up reasonably fast , very calm , without swarming but with more loses than the spring ones.
The breeding condition in spring are much better than fall. How you evaluate Fall produced queens to use them for all our hives?
Regards
Wajih Daour