From:
Doug Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 23:03:31 -0500
Hi Bill, I'm not an expert on this but my experience is that you should
use a queen excluder between your two bottom brood supers and the honey
supers that go on top. Some only use one brood chamber and put the
excluder between it and subsequent honey supers. Others do not use
excluders at all. My experience is that using two supers helps prevent
swarming. If i didn't use an excluder i got brood in with the honey. I
prefer clean honey so I always use excluders. Hope this helps. By the way
I'am a beginner, this is my third year, I have three hives, all of them
very active. One is six supers high. I plan to extract this weekend.
Cheers, Doug Henry, Lockport, Manitoba.