From:
Alden Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:53:06 -0500
My experience with comb honey does not bear out the comment I have read here
so far. I have not produced the amount of comb that my friend Richard Taylor
has but yet quite a few supers. I have used starter strips which produces
the thinnest rib possible, next to no foundation. When I have run out of the
thin foundation I have used the various heavier weights and I can tell you
there is definitely a difference in the rib thickness ( I consume mostly
comb honey). Heavy foundation produces a much tougher mid rib in the
finished product. Perhaps my bees are different? :>)

Alden Marshall
B-Line Apiaries
Hudson, NH