Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 18:43:16 -0400
> After Douglas Davis asked:
>
> >A few weeks ago, I noticed evidence of worm infestation and
> >dissassembled the hives.
> [snip]
> >My question is  .... what should I do?

Paul Nicholson responded:

> Put the infested frames in your freezer for 30 minutes.

Actually, depending on how much webbing/cocooning the wax mothes have
created, it could take as long as a week (or more) to freeze them
completely.  We had mothes thoroughly attack some equipment that wasn't
in use (& we'd forgotten about). After 5 days in the freezer there were
still  live wiggling worms in the middle frames.

Kathy