From:
"Jeffrey R. Hills" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 08:01:00 -0400
Could it be that bees hate knowing what time it is?  The church bells ring
in our town every day at 5:00 PM sharp.  I was working my most tranquil hive
one recent evening when the bells rang.  I must say I have never been
attacked by so many bees.  As soon as the bells stopped ringing (the tune
was "A Mighty Fortress is Our God") the bees were totally calm once again.

Jeff Hills
Dorset, Vermont