Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:01:14 -0800
Hi there,

I don't usually reply to the discussions going around,
but I had a question in regard to a rather emphatic
comment, so here goes...

> The reason for the MESS of cross comb, burr comb,
oversize comb, etc., was you tried to get 9 frames
drawn rather than 10, and you violated "bee space".
You always get foundation drawn by using 10 frames
TIGHTLY PACKED TOGETHER, leaving any leftover space
near the side wall of the hive.

Ok, then, if that is the case, then why in the world
have my bees always drawn all the frames in over the
hundred deep boxes that I have used evenly and
nicely...  They are all spaced with those western 9
frame spacers.  I have never had any problem, maybe a
couple of times i got a bit of comb in the wrong spot
when the frame was on a slate from having being forced
aside but burr comb or whatever below.  But that was
normally on already drawn comb anyhow...

Anyone else always use 9 frames when drawing comb?
O, and one more thing, I have even interspersed drawn
with undrawn, and most of the time they are not
uneven...  I live in Ontario, if that makes any
difference in how this might be answered.

Thanks in advance for any comment.

Carmenie