From:
Mats Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:35:00 +0200
Allen wanted to know about the Varrox...

Well, i've seen one in action. It huffs and it puffs and you get a big
mushroom cloud of smoke. For my small operation, it seems like the perfect
solution.

I'd like to know if anyone knows if the effiency of vaporization is equal in
a two story hive. I just found out yesterday from a reliable source that in
order to get a 90% plus effiency when dripping oxalic in a sugar/water
solution, you need to separate the boxes and drip in both of them. The
effiency when only dripping in the top box of a two story hive is said to be
around 55%, which is far from enough.

Having to take the boxes apart to tip the upper one makes dripping seem like
a less convenient method. I'm happy though, that i finally got a good
explanation for the low effiency of my dripping last fall.

/Mats Andersson, Stockholm Sweden