From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:31:21 -0500
Hello All,
Yesterday a couple friends of mine attended the meeting. I spoke with one
for a couple hours this morning. Presenters were Kim Flottum, Jim Tew and
Ed Levi.

Like the Missouri State meeting last weekend one of the main subjects was
comb contamination. I did not attend the presentations but did speak with
Jennifer Berry briefly.
Eugene Makovec ( editor of the Mo. newsletter and BEE-L member) attended the
presentation so maybe Eugene will give a summery?

One tidbit gleaned from the Oklahoma meeting stood out for me about
fluvalinate.

The ownership of Apistan ( fluvalinate) has changed three times since the
product came on the U.S. scene and today's Apistan is five times stronger
than the original formula.

The above comes from meeting notes.

Maybe Kim will comment?

does anyone know when the stronger formula was introduced?

The presenters also said attempts to return to apistan have been poor and
said not a good idea.

bob