From:
david flathman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:51:32 -0400
i went out to inspect my hives and one was infested with wax moths and small
hive beetles.
i shook the bees off the frames as i removed them one by one. they were all
infested.
i never thought i would find the queen - i rarely do.
finally i sat there looking at a 1000 bees - mostly robbers, thinking what
to do now, when suddenly there she was. i ripped off my glove and carefully
picked her up and put her into a jar with about 15 fellow workers.
what do i do now.
how long can i keep her in the jar, how can i feed her for a few days.
i am guessing now:
put together a queenless nuc and introduce her after 2-3 days
should i clip her wings while i have her / attempt to mark her?

this late in the season what is the point?