From:
Zachary Huang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:07:10 -0500
>This brings new meaning to the term "wired foundation".  :)
>
>...and Zac, in my view there MUST be a thermostat, but this
>can be nothing more than a cheap bimetallic "circuit breaker"
>that kicks out at 46C or so.  (Try Cherry Switch http://www.cherrycorp.com
>they make good stuff, and they also don't kill you on a low-volume
>customize product.)
>
>Good luck with your hives with electric baseboard heating!
>
>        jim
>
>        farmageddon

Jim, Yes, I agree a thermastat would be better, but some might see this as
"too complicated".  Also adds to the cost.  I am thinking just to use timing.
If one was told to zap for 15 seconds, they can have a watch and do that.
 of course 5 min would be tougher to count (unless has countdown timer).

but if it does not add too much to the cost, I am open to it.  The trick is, will
 it still work inside the plastic (embedded -- basically we put wireframe in,
 then injection mold the whole frame using melten plastic).  Coming to
 thinking it, bi-metal would not work inside plastic... they will space to
 separate when it is warm/hot enough.

Thanks for the info thou.

Zach, the mitezapper :)
http://www.mitezapper.com