Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2011 00:26:59 GMT
From: Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>

>....especially coming from someone who can't spell or compose a grammatical sentence. & I have scrupulously avoided mentioning these points, which are as obvious as welts.

Bob's posts are the only ones that I make sure to read, even if I'm tired and busy.  As far as his spelling and grammar, (I'm sure this will raise a few chuckles coming from me), I couldn't give a hoot.

I used to work in the speech recognition business (mostly with doctors and lawyers), and I was always paranoid about the computer mistranscribing "fibrile" and "afibrile"...which sound almost the same when used in a sentence (I used to demonstrate this concept to clients with "excuse me while I kiss the sky" vs. "excuse me while I kiss this guy"), and which could lead to dire consequences if wrong on a medical chart.

In the case of Bob's spelling and grammar, I've never met the man, I've never heard a recording of him, but I hear a "voice" when I read his posts.  _That_ is the mark of good writing...in Bob's case, part of the reason it works is because he has opinions, and has something to say.

To imply that someone is not worthy to participate in discussion because of "sloppy" (yet fully understandable) grammar and spelling is elitism at its worst, and insecurity in its most obvious form.

deknow