From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:51:52 -0500
Peter Dillon wrote:

>Also, try putting up a bird feeder containing good quality peanuts - I suggest that the bird is
>quite hungry during the cold weather!
>-distraction.
>Good luck - and don't kill the bird!

We have many woodpeckers in our area with no damage to wooden hives. We
put out suet with nuts in it and woodpeckers love it. Before we did that
we would have wakeup calls from their tapping on the house. None since
we put out the suet. You can buy it at most stores that have bird feed
(along with a suet feeder) or make it yourself.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Me (did get to -9F last night, so time to change to long sleeve
shirts. Getting brisk.)