Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 08:30:47 EST
There has been some wonderful input concerning my orginal inquiry about this
strain of bees. The problems with Tropilaelaps clarae and Euvarroa sinhai are
definitely problems that have to be avoided at all cost along with all others.

As for the management of these strains there are solutions to harnessing the
potential in these bees. hopefully they will not be wiped out first. If such a
threat does exist, I hope someone with resources would take an interest toward
preserving this stain some how. It would be great to introduce bee strains on
a large isolated island and there preserve them from pests and for future
breeding purposes.

This forum is an excellent place to encourage discussion but I hope
contributors will be mindful not to editorially lynch open expression of
ideas. One thing that I have noted from several of the response was an aire of
panic, as if I was actually about to import the bees today.  It felt like
flame mail.  I am sure that was not the intent of the writers and their
insights and comments have been appreciated. I mention this to help raise
awarness about how I percieved the writing to be. Someone else might take
eceptional offense and proceed with ill planned actions. So lets be careful
with how we respond to one another.

I hope there will be more comments and insights shared about Apis dorsata /
Laborisa

Gene Bowley