From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 22:57:52 -0600
Hello Jerry & All,
I have not looked at the CCD report simply because I have been very busy
(but I will).
The first part of the week we went into Kansas and loaded a semi of bees for
California in what the weather channel called a blizzard.
We drove through whiteout conditions to get to the loading site.
We loaded the semi in whiteout conditions. Once done ( around midnight) All
the trucks were unable to move due to the deep snow. I was ready to go home
( as well as our
crew)but the truck I was in did not have chains. So we bought the semi
drivers chains and I installed in deep snow and we headed home. Arrived home
around five thirty in the morning. 35 MPH down the back roads until we hit I
70 and then "hammer down".

Had a long visit with the driver about the border problems and the different
loads he had hauled. He has been hauling bees into California since early
fall.
He had a brand new Peterbuilt with a new aluminum trailer. Fancy and white
in color. He did however feel the weather was too bad for him to try to head
west for California until the road was plowed.

If he was not going to try to move in the blizzard and wait for the snow
plow then why not sell his chains? He could replace easily at the next truck
stop. The driver helped us out and I never forget when I have been helped
out.

Phone has been ringing ever since I got home plus emails. many calls about
CCD.

The Kansas City Star called to do an interview about CCD. The reporter had
already done an interview with Dr. Orly Taylor so the reporter asked me if
I agreed with the dozen possible things which could be causing CCD Dr.
Taylor suggested and I
said I did.

He asked if I had bee problems and I had to say I did not. He said he needed
to speak with a beekeeper with big problems or his story would not have the
CCD ring. I said sorry.

He said he had only done one other bee story years ago about a dispute
between
two neighbors over a bee hive in the back yard. I asked to read the article
first to make sure he got things correct but he declined.
Maybe the story
will be in the KC Star in the morning. I don't take the Star and they do not
deliver the Star as far out in the sticks as I live. I guess my friends will
read and tell me about the article.
Off to bed! Good luck with helping beekeepers with the CCD problem Jerry!
You have always been a friend to the beekeeper!

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison

--
believed to be clean.