Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2018 10:20:21 -0400
> We _do not recommend_ that beekeepers feed propolis solution to bees until
> studies adequately address the long-term effects of such a treatment.
> Because of the highly antibacterial and antifungal properties of propolis,
> it _could risk poisoning bees_ and killing the beneficial microbiome in
> bees’ guts that is also so critical to their health and survival

Interesting that both thymol and Clorox are " highly antibacterial and
antifungal" yet they are fed regularly to bees, more the former than the
latter, and Randy has seen some benefit from Clorox in feed when used to
combat fermentation.

BTW- have two new hips and doing very well- walking without a cane and will
be treating my hives with OAV either this or next week. You do get
restrictions on what you can do for different periods of time, and I should
be there about the first of December marginally and end of February to  be
completely free of restrictions. That includes lifting deeps and supers.
Amazing where the state of hip replacements is in our age.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine