From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:21:05 -0400
James Fischer wrote:

>But there's an easy analysis methodology for Nosema,
>at least for this year in the USA:
>
>1) Do you have bees?
>
>2) If yes, you are almost certain to have Nosema of one
>   sort or the other at "treatment-suggested levels".
>
>3) Think I'm exaggerating?  Send some samples to
>   USDA-Beltsville, and you will soon find out that
>   I am not exaggerating in the least.

This summer the NY State Inspectors have taken many adult bee samples. I
can't tell you what the numbers look like, but Paul Cappy may discuss this
at the Empire State Meeting in Syracuse. I can tell you that some beekeepers
tested zero for nosema and zero for tracheal mite, so not everybody has it.