From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:52:35 EST

[log in to unmask] writes:

<<<<Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>  wrote:  It would be interesting
to have a colony  without  foundation, to see
what they drew when left to their own devices, but  so  far every time i've
tried using strips, I've rapidly ended up  with comb that was  so far from
straight I had to start bending it  and cutting bits off so I could  get the
frames out!>>

It  would be beneficial, when talking about cell sizes and what we've tried,
to  include in the discussion the approximate local latitude and altitude (if
applicable).  This would give the rest of us an idea of what type of  general
climate the particular beekeeper is encountering during his/her bee  year.

Mike in LA  (Lower Alabama)  Very little freezing  weather in the winter and
no snow on the ground since at least 1998 when I  moved here.>>

Birmingham UK.

    Regards,

    Robert Brenchley